Rallycross @ RR Event FAQs:
***Event start time has been moved back one hour***
Since this event has fewer entries and is a full day event, we plan to move the typical schedule back one hour. Tech will be open at 8:45 and Registration will be open at 9:00, closing at 10:00.
- Rallycross Course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-aHdE5PY8
- Fun Run Course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKB6R2ImEM
- Rally Ready Site Map: https://arcg.is/1TmLCT
- Come out to hang or camp, even if you can’t attend the main Rallycross event!
- We will be camping on site after the event on Saturday
- We will be cooking outside, it is BYOB and bring your own food
- There are very few stores nearby, so come prepared with water and supplies
- The nearest grocery store is HEB in Lockhart: https://goo.gl/maps/QRbNAxSLh5CoARDB8
- This is a ‘pilot’ event with Rally Ready, so expect to have fun, enjoy some time at a Rallycross site, and learn a new racing format. We may have some teething issues as we figure out adapting our Autocross experience to the dirt, but our main goal here is to have a good time!
- There is no minimum entry requirement for this event
- The Rallycross will take place on the Rally Sprint course on the north end of the site
- This course is a little more fast and bumpy than a typical Rallycross
- Please practise extra caution and don’t drive outside of your limits. While there are few consequences for driving outside of the performance limit of an autocross car on tarmac, driving on the dirt introduces additional challenges.
- We will post a video of a street car driving on the course later this week so you can decide if it’s appropriate for your car or not
- There will be another event happening simultaneously on another course, so we will be sharing the site for part of the day
- Event will be the normal non-COTA Autocross cost. ($25 for members)
- Expect around 5 runs. Timing is cumulative, unlike Autocross – all of your runs count!
- This event is open to anyone, not just Spokes members
- Rally Ready UTV rentals ($100/5 Runs) are available in the afternoon on the “Woods” course
- There will also be $5 Fun Runs on the “School” course after the Rallycross is over
- No outside dogs! There are plenty of awesome Rally dogs to pet though
- There is a very limited number of rental car seats in the Rally Ready cars. Pre-register on Axware for the event and email email@example.com if you are interested in renting a seat in a car.
- Don’t be afraid to cruise your local Craigslist or FB Marketplace for a cheap beater that you won’t feel bad about flogging around in the dirt!
- We will be hanging out at the Ranch after the event and camping on-site on Saturday night.
- There are restrooms and running water in the main building, but the camping sites are primitive
- RVs are welcome, but there are no water or electric hookups (generators are fine)
- We will most likely have a central hangout spot where we can build a fire
- The site is located Southeast of Austin. The roads are gravel and it can get dusty
- Be prepared to get dirty, it may be a good idea to bring an extra set of clothes for after the event
- We will have a detailed course map up next week, but you can explore the site on Google maps: