We have been able to add another date at CoTA. This is August 28th. It is right before SCCA Nationals in Lincoln. Get that last bit of seat time, scrub in those brand new tires, or just come out and have fun as usual.
Full schedule for 2016 as it stands now:
- Feburary 7 @ SAR
- Feburary 28 @ COTA
- March 20 @ SAR
- April 24 @ SAR
- May 1 @ COTA
- June 12 @ SAR
- July 17 @ COTA
- July 31 @ SAR This is a joint event with SASCA
- August 21 @ SAR This is a joint event with SASCA
- August 28 @ COTA
- October 2 @ COTA
- November 20 @ SAR
I have added an event to the calendar. This event is on April 24th at SAR. This is brings the current number of events for 2016 to 11. I will continue to work on adding another event to the schedule, most likely in the October time frame. Please go get registered!Event #4
The 2016 Spokes Team Challenge is almost upon us! The rules and draft procedures have changed for this year. All the details are at: http://www.spokes.org/teamchallenge.php
The gist of the changes is that points will be scored by comparing each driver's performance to his/her own average past performance. It is no longer linked to what position each driver is drafted picked. This changes the strategy for the draft. In the past, you always wanted to select the person who you thought that the best chance of placing the highest (in pax) among whoever was available. Now, you will want to pick the person who you think has the greatest chance of improving over the season.The draft will be help on Saturday March 19. The team challenge will begin at autocross #3 on Sunday March 20.
The BOD met last night to discuss issues and the future direction of the club. The Spokes rules have been updated as a result. Below is the highlights of the discussions.
- Included "e-cigs, vape pens, and similar devices" to the no smoking policy in grid. Spokes is following the SCCA's lead. We have also had some concerns expressed lately.
- End of year points championship trophies has been updated. The new rule is effectively 51% of the qualifying class will receive a trophy.
- Add a new PAX class, R. This class is designed to allow competition between the Prepared and Modified vehicles. It will be run similar to our X class, where all in the class will be run in the same heat.
- Not updated in the rules but a procedural change. Items lost and found at the event will be held for one event. Unclaimed items will be disposed of. If you are unable to make it to the next event, please make arrangements with someone that is to retrieve your items.
- Cheat sheets will be created for various worker positions to help events run smoother.
Lastly, We, the BOD, would like to get the membership's input on the following:
An idea was floated of adding PAX based "bump" class(es) for various prep levels. The intention is to offer more competition between the membership at the events. We would like to offer these "bump" classes for categories that typically do not have a lot of vehicles at the events. An example would be to make a bump for all of the Street Prepared classes. This would enable any vehicle eligible for Street Prepared to be able to directly compare to and run against each other. The new "R" PAX class has already been created with this idea for the race tire (slicks) classes of Prepared and Modified. The membership that will make up the "R" class was enthusiastic for the idea. The "bump" PAX class(es) would be run similar to the X class with all competitors running in the same heat. The "bump" class(es) would be eligible for an End of Year Championship Trophy. Ideally, all participants in the category would take part in the "bump" class.
Please send comments to the BOD email addresses, discuss on our Facebook page, send carrier pigeons, or whatever your favorite method of communication is.