We have opened up autocross #11 at COTA on 10/19 (this Sunday) for double entries! There still is a total entry cap of 160, so if you still need to register or want to double enter, do so soon.
After a very strong first event at Lot H at COTA a couple of months ago, we are returning to the same lot for event number 11 of this season on October 19th. We are limited to 160 entries, and registration will require pre-payment (no refunds). This event sold out in about an hour the first time, so get in early! Registration is open now.
Team Rolling Thunder takes another win and solidifies their lead! Looks like everyone else is battling for second place.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGWMmjO8ZKtdFNzZk94RE1ORDEzYlFFZVhQemhPS1E&usp=drive_web#gid=1
It's official - we will be at CoTA for the Autocross this weekend! We will be using Lot H (north of the back straight - http://goo.gl/maps/lrzOI) for the course. A map with more details for paddock, grid, and directions to the site will be sent later this week. Sorry for the late notice, but we wanted to wait until everything was signed and sealed! Get the word out to your friends!
Please pay attention to the below changes of rules for this event:
- You must be 18 years old with a valid drivers license to participate. This is a requirement per COTA.
- We are limiting the event to 160 single entries to make sure the event runs smoothly (we may open up the Double Entry class Friday if we haven't reached the entry cap).
- Entry fees for the event are $36 for members and $41 for non-members to cover site rental and insurance. In the long term, we might be able to lower the entry fee for COTA events, but the costs for this first event at COTA are VERY significantly higher than normal, hence the increased entry fee.
- We are also requiring pre-registration AND pre-payment (no refunds and no walk up registration) for this event. If you have already pre-registered, you will need to follow the below instructions by this Wednesday at 8pm, otherwise we will be removing registrations that have not made payments to make room for new registrations.
- Go to AxWare ORM and login: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/
- Click Event Calendar and find the July 20th Spokes/Sasca Joint Autocross #7.
- Click the Register button to the right of the event listing.
- If you were already pre-registered, you'll now notice in the upper right corner a red shopping cart saying "Checkout $36" (or $41 for non-members). Click on the shopping cart and checkout to pay online (required).
- If you were not pre-registered, follow the normal registration process, which should require you to click on the shopping cart to checkout to complete your registration.
See y'all out there!
As I'm sure y'all have noticed, the July 20th autocross is still listed with a "TBA" for the location. We are working hard trying to secure a new site for us to run at, but there are still some hurdles for us to cross. The event will either be held at a new site, Retama, or San Antonio Raceway. We will provide an update as soon as we can.
What is it?
Well, it's an autocross school.
How does it work?
The student will double enter for the event. Their first/normal set of runs will count for their class competition. During the double runs, you will be assigned an instructor who will help you improve on the course that you just competed on! The instructor drive your car for 1-2 runs, and provide instruction from the passenger seat on the rest of your runs.
How much does it cost?
It is simply the cost of a double entry! So, really, this is the cheapest autocross school in the country.
How do I sign up?
You sign up by emailing Vivek with your name, what car you drive, and class/number. The school is open to students of ALL levels, but is limited to 10 students, and has always filled up within an hour of announcing the school. So if you are interested... don't delay :)
The following business entities support Spokes through sponsorships and member benefits. Please support them by giving them your business!
Spokes members enjoy the following benefits! Should you need a simple repair (clutch job, fluid replacement etc.) then you get a 20% discount on parts and labor. If it is a larger job like a transmission overhaul, then you get a 15% discount up to $350 off.
Spokes members get a 10% discount on most services!
When it comes time for you to buy your new set of race or street tires for any of your vehicles, please click through this banner; Spokes gets a kick-back from any purchases made through the link.
Mention Spokes when you reserve lift for a full day rental and get $40 off, or 15% off hourly lift rates!
How to Become a Sponsor
Texas Spokes has a variety of Sponsorship Packages available to help your business get the visibility it needs. We can also customize programs as needed to match your goals and budget. Please contact Drew VanderPloeg, our Executive Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details.